Some say eye cream is necessary as you get closer to your thirties, others say you should start using it sooner than that. I’ve even seen people use it in their late teens! Mostly, I believe most of us grew up thinking that eye cream is something you start using when you already start seeing signs of aging, or that its definitely something only older women use, OR that at any point in your life- eye cream is just another gimmicky product that brands sell us, but we actually don’t need.
Personally, I have just recently gotten into using eye cream and I am 25 years old. I feel like I have started implementing it into my -daily- skincare routine at a good moment in my life, where I am not yet that close to my thirties, and want to prevent early signs of aging. Honestly, with all the quality in options today, I just don’t want to take any chances with that part of my skin. its so sensitive, I live in two different weather extremes, and even though I wear sunscreen in both, I’d rather be safe than sorry while I still can. But I definitely feel like anybody can start using eye cream as soon as they see it fit in their life. So here I will feature some eye creams I have personally tried, and a few other popular choices that are quite loved by many!
- The Lancome Hydra Zen Yeux Eye Contour gel cream, is one of the first that I have ever tried. I loved it, but that price tho! I obviously got a sample, because that’s how I sometimes do to be able to review some products I cant yet afford cuz of adult priorities, or cannot yet get via PR. This eye cream was very pleasing and comfortable to put on. the smell isn’t annoying at all and it does go away, so that’s a good plus! The lady at the store floor pointed this one out to me especially, because I had explained to her that I usually don’t sleep so good, and I would wake up seeing everything from puffy under eye, to dark circles. For my young eye issues, I did not notice much difference in change with the dark circles, yet it did help wonderfully for the morning puffiness I now get daily. So imo, this eye cream is a good choice to start every day with in your AM routine!
- On that same Beauty store run, she also recommended a sample of the Origins Ginzing Refreshing Eye Cream to Brighten and Depuff. This eye cream did more for my eyes that the Lancome one did. So what makes this one so much more better? Well it contains super cool ingredients to wake up tired eyes like; Coffee beans, Panax Ginseng, magnolia extract, and other great stuff like natural optic brighteners to make you look like you’ve had decent sleep! I did notice the cream drastically help with my dark tired circles with the brightening effect it contains, and its totally a good under eye primer before I go on with concealer.
- Speaking of fabulous eye bases for concealer, Belif’s Moisturizing Eye Bomb is perfect! I own this one just for that reason alone! But a good thing to keep in mind is that moisture is such a vital aspect to keeping your eyes looking young, So this eye cream is quite special! I bought it back in April when it was still looking like winter time, and I was desperate for this eye cream to help me with yet another issue I now face in the colder months, which is a dry under eye (yaaaaay….😒)… Forwarding a month later, I still apply it before I do my makeup. I’m kinda afraid I cant live without it! I think whoever buys it -no matter what skin type, you will be gld you have this baby in your collection!
- Ahh.. the beloved OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright Eye Creme! I have been dreaming about this one ever since I found out about it, searching through Sephora for another great brightening eye cream for those days when I need to not look dead. Very popular, so it doesn’t need much explaining, because most likely you have been wanting to grab this one yourself! But a few things you must know about this one is that its main ingredient is vitamin C, which Works wonders for brightening your skin, packed with special pigments as well to help out even more with those damn dark circles! Honestly i think most people use this for its brightening effects and how lovely of a base it is for under eye concealer . BUT Its also Collagen boosted, for firming and hydrating. You can say that this eye creme kinda does it all! Of COURSE I recommend you all get one, no matter what skin type, and concern of the eye area!
- Lastly, Tatcha has a new eye “treatment” out there for us! I love the name of this one! here it goes: The Pearl Tinted Eye Illuminated Treatment. A beautiful mouthful, which might seem similar to the Banana Bright Creme from what it does, but this one by Tatcha has a bit of tint to it! There are three shades to fit our vast array of skin tones, and yes another great one for under makeup! I will be putiing this on my wish list, which if you wanna take a look at- I’ll leave a link to it here.
Eye cream is important in my opinion! all it takes is to give your eye needs some good research because these eye creams can be expensive.. Another good tip is to sample a few before you purchase! other than that, I am still searching for a good eye regime. What are your favorite eye creams I missed out on trying/mentioning? Please let me know, eye creams is such an interesting topic to me! But I hope you enjoyed my pics here, and that I could help you get to know more about them. Thanks for reading, until next time!👋😘💕❤