Lately, I’ve gotten to know some people behind very popular beauty instagram pages, through their am & pm skincare routines and product shots! The beauty written all over their pages is an obvious reason why I have followed them, and luckily most of these interesting people have followed me back! Recently I’ve noticed some accounts @’ing favorite insta accounts they follow and I thought that is such a good idea. What a helpful way to share the people you admire and get your followers to discover them as well! When I saw this movement appear more and more on my feed, I finally decided to move on an idea that I’ve had for months now, churning in my mind, but somehow I thought that maybe nobody would collaborate with me on that.. But I took a brave leap, asked some of my most favorite insta accounts if they would like to get interviewed, and fortunately they all accepted!??
So I’ve decided to create a tiny series I think I’ll call “Instagramer Spotlight” and interview these talented& beautiful people, so you can also get to know them and the reasons why I admire their lovely pages. This month I have 3 accounts from some really amazing human beings, so lets meet them! (All of them here go by their instagram handles for reference)
Q: Just let me know in your own words how you got into skincare or beauty in general or why it interested you?
Before last year I didn’t know what skin struggles were. I’ve always had a very clear and pimple free skin, so I never paid to much attention to skin care, but last year I had for the first time an acne breakout, it was not very serious thank goodness, but after I cleared it out I realized how important skin is! that’s when I started paying attention to my skin and take care of it.
I have loved makeup ever since I was a young girl; it was my first “beauty” love. I loved makeup so much that I never cared about skincare at all, which turned out to be disastrous for my skin growing up. It was even to the point where I would go to bed without washing my face AT ALL. Looking back on that I always cringe because I am definitely paying for that beauty sin now that I am in my twenties; my skin is so textured! I only started really getting into skincare recently, I’d say six months ago. But I’m a fast learner. Not only that, but I also tend to become transfixed with the things I find interesting, so obviously I became obsessed with all things skincare. My collection quickly grew from just a basic cleanser and moisturizer to a full-on arsenal of products that I love dearly.
In 2010 I had a peel that went very wrong. I was left with irritated, red, and raw skin. It turned into dermatitis and eventually acne. I was horrified and tried everything I could to try and fix it. I went to Sephora and tried all the top-rated products to try and repair my skin. Nothing was working and harsh chemicals only made it worse. I finally discovered Josie Maran Cosmetics and it healed and repaired my skin so quickly. I definitely owe my love of skincare to Joise Maran and thanks to her line I realized how more natural based skincare is important. I love chemicals in skincare as well but I have a deep repsect and love for natural skincare!
What do you do apart from posting lovely insta pics?
When I am not snapping photos of pretty skincare products, I am a full-time graduate student and I also work on campus as a graduate assistant/office administrator at one of the degree offices. In May of this year, I’ll be graduating with a masters degree in psychology so that’s pretty exciting!
I’m an art direction student in Milan. I love to draw, read, and go hunt cute cafes!
I worked in the medical field until the fall of 2017 when I decided to dedicate my time to blogging and freelance writing. I came to the realization that this is my true passion. The money and stability was something scary to walk away from, but it was important to me to follow my passion. When I look back on my life I don’t want to say “I made good money”, I want to say “I made good memories”. I also really enjoy cooking, spending time with my dog, and HGTV!
Your most loved products?
I have so many….. but, I will narrow it down to a few, we all know I am not a minimalist !
*Drunk Elephant TLC Sukari BabyFacial… Miracle in a tube.
*Josie Maran Argan Daily SPF 47… always need an SPF.
*Omorovicza Deep Cleansing Mask…. Keeps my face clear.
*Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream….My trick for looking rested.
*Glossier Boy Brow…. because everyone needs Boy Brow.
*DedCool 03 eau de parfum…. Always gotta have a personal fragrance.
*DedCool Chazstick …. I always have lip balm on hand!
*Forever Sunday NYC candle… I am candle obsessed.
The hada labo hyaluronic acid lotion (so cheap and sooo good)
and my little 3ce and etude house make up collection
1. Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser: my favorite cleanser, perfect all-around. I love the way it feels and will probably never love another cleanser as much as I love this one.
2. Thayers Witch Hazel: The best toner for my skin. Removes any dirt/grime on my face and helps soothe any redness/breakouts I have. I also love using this in the morning as my first step in my routine because I find that cleansing in the morning and night can be too stripping for my skin.
3. Drunk Elephant B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Gel: My favorite hydrating serum and my preferred choice to mix other products with. I usually use this in conjunction with several oils at a time and the end-result is always amazing.
4. Biologique Recherche Lotion P50 1970: A chemical exfoliant with instant results. Such a game-changer for my skin.
5. Fresh Peony Brightening Night Treatment Mask: This helps fade my acne scars extremely well. Not only that, but you get so much product for the price and it smells heavenly.
6. Youth To The People Age Prevention Cream: The ideal moisturizer for my skin-type, which is oily and acne-prone. Soaks into my skin right away and gives me the perfect amount of hydration.
7. Herbivore Lapis Oil: This oily is very effective for clearing up any breakouts I may have and also helps keep my oiliness at bay!
8. Farmacy Cleansing Balm: I know I’m listing a ton of products, but I just couldn’t leave this one out! It is simply the BEST product for removing makeup. A little goes a long way and always leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth.
These three work hard at having such stunning, beautiful instagram pages, and they’re all sooo aesthetically pleasing to look at! So please give them a look and a follow, because honestly guys,.. it’s kinda hard not to LOL!??
I honestly had so much fun putting this interview together and featuring these fabulous beauty loves in my blog. I hope you enjoyed this month’s Instagram Spotlight edition, and if you did, then I will definitely feature another next month! Lets get to know our beauty community, and lets us support it with love!?❤ Thank you so much for reading until next time.
PS: I just recently reached 300+ followers on instagram and I’m so happy and thankful!, follow me @skinfinit to stay updated on more content like this and some product shots!